Chartered Surveyors

Party Wall Matters

Our experienced Party Wall Surveyors can help if you are being affected by Party Wall issues or need to do building work that is covered by the Party Wall etc Act 1996.

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 covers three distinct types of work: alterations to a shared (party) wall; the construction of new walls on the boundary; excavation work close to neighbouring properties.

What work is covered by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996?

This list is not exhaustive, but typically if you are planning any of the following works you will need Party Wall services from a surveyor:

  • Loft conversion
  • Conservatory
  • Side return extension
  • Basement
  • Building works on a boundary
  • Excavations within 3m (or 6m for deep excavations) of your neighbour’s buildings
  • Demolishing and rebuilding a Party (boundary) Wall

To view the Government Party Wall explanatory booklet, click here

For more information about Party Wall Matters, please contact us today

Contact us